Delta Dental of Wisconsin has renewed our team sponsorship with the Milwaukee Brewers for the 2017 season. If you and your friends or family head down for a game this year, you’ll see our company logo and ads throughout the ballpark. Delta Dental is the sponsor of birthday announcements at Miller Park and the Smile Cam. Our TV commercials and logo will be shown on the jumbotron along with rotating digital ads in left field, in the game-day program, and the billboard outside of Miller Park. For superfans that visit the Brewers on Facebook and Twitter, you’ll also see Delta Dental is the social media sponsor for the players’ and coaches’ birthdays!
New in 2017, Delta Dental of Wisconsin is the feature sponsor of stolen bases for Brewers Radio Network. For every Brewers stolen base, Delta Dental will “bag” another donation for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Wisconsin. Brewers’ announcers including Mr. Baseball himself, Bob Uecker, will mention Delta Dental and our gift to the Boys and Girls Clubs during every game. At the end of the season, we will provide a donation that will be shared among the state’s 26 Boys and Girls Clubs.
In 2016, the Brewers led the league with stolen bases, amassing an impressive 181 stolen bases. Be sure to tune in and listen to a game this season on one of the network’s 43 stations.
If you have your sights set on generating new business, the answer is clear: DeltaVision. Delta Dental of Wisconsin is offering four-year vision rate guarantees for employers with two or more enrolled employees for new business and renewals.
If you have an existing DeltaVision quote that has not yet sold, we’ll include the four-year term when the plan is underwritten.
There are a number of advantages for combining vision and dental benefits through DeltaVision and Delta Dental including shared, local account management and joint enrollment and billing.
Through our partnership with EyeMed Vision Care, DeltaVision is able to offer:
- The nation’s largest vision network
- Top optical retailers and thousands of independent providers, and online providers like Glasses.com and ContactsDirect.com
- Advanced benefits including a diabetic eyecare benefit and retinal imaging
- A mobile app with online scheduling and online provider directory available 24/7
The average DeltaVision member saves seventy-one percent versus retail cost for vision services.
For the most up-to-date vision and dental sales support materials, visit the Broker Connection, or our brochures page. Questions can be directed to Kim Christophersen, Director of Sales at 715-343-7669, or Betsy Vinopal, Director of Account Management at 715-343-7648.
On Friday, April 14th, 2017, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the final Market Stabilization rule which includes changes intended to help stabilize the individual and small group markets and seeks to affirm the traditional role of State regulators. Specifically, the final rule:
- Shortens the open enrollment period for the 2018 plan year to November 1 through December 15. While this will be a national standard, State-based Exchanges may elect to supplement their open enrollment period with a special enrollment period (SEP), as a transitional measure. CMS intends to conduct outreach to consumers in advance of the shortened open enrollment period. CMS may shift to an earlier open enrollment period start date of either October 1 or October 15 for future open enrollment periods.
- Provides further flexibility in the AV de minimis range (-4/+2 percentage points) for all metal levels (other than bronze plans meeting certain conditions) for all non-grandfathered individual and small group health insurance plans, including qualified health plans, for the 2018 plan year. At this time, standalone dental plans (SADPs) are not included. With respect to SADPs, CMS indicated that they "intend to monitor the impact of this policy on plan design and by extension, Exchange enrollment to consider whether further changes are needed ... [and] may also consider similar changes for dental plans in the future."
Interested in receiving our monthly Agent Alert newsletter? Subscribe now!
- Resources: Updated Blog — Broker, Employer, Dentist, and Member Subscriptions Available for Oral Health and Dental Benefit Content
- Product: Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier PreventivePlus Plan Now Available
- Selling: 2016 Small Group Sales Contest
- Update: Delta Dental of Wisconsin and Milwaukee Bucks Team Up for the Starting Lineup