It's a simple concept: a healthy mouth leads to a healthy body. Oral health directly affects overall wellness, and Delta Dental's new LifeSmile program helps employers and their employees focus on their oral health and well-being.
The starting place to any wellness program is assessment. The LifeSmile program includes instructions on how to set up and administer our free oral health risk assessment (OHRA), which can be used stand alone or in conjunction with other health risk assessments. Employers receive aggregate reporting results that describe the oral health risks within their employee population. Equipped with that knowledge, employers can target their wellness interventions in order to maximize the whole-body benefits of good oral health.
LifeSmile includes an electronic communication toolkit of topics commonly associated with medical conditions and preventive oral health tips. The materials have been designed for employers to plug-in to their existing wellness initiatives. The program includes:
- A comprehensive menu of resources including newsletter or email copy, posters, flyers, e-banners, intranet messaging, and more
- A series of oral health modules: diabetes and preventive care are currently available. Additional modules will be added over time and include tobacco cessation, periodontal disease, cancer, and pregnancy and infant oral health.
- The option to target groups, individuals, or risk factors
To access LifeSmile materials, visit the Broker Connection. Employers will be able to access these materials through the Employer Connection. Users must log in to access materials. Once in the authenticated website, the LifeSmile link will direct you to a catalog of oral health modules and materials available for instant download.
In 2016, Delta Dental of Wisconsin updated our Broker Connection. If you have not yet registered for the new site, visit https://broker.deltadentalwi.com. Click "Login" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. From the login box, click on Register for Access. You’ll need your National Producer Number and Social Security Number.
For questions about accessing the broker connection, contact Rick Zupan at 715-343-7677. Or, to discuss the LifeSmile program and how it can benefit your customers, contact Betsy Vinopal at 715-343-7648.
We are continuing our Simplicity of Choice Small Business Sales Contest for 2017. The format is the same as previous contests – the more you sell, the better your chances of winning. The contest will run from January 1, 2017 to December 21, 2017.
- New sales for small business dental (2-49) qualify for the contest
- Each small business dental sale counts toward an entry
- We'll select one winner each month throughout 2017
- Sales qualify for the contest based on when the applications are submitted, not their effective date
Each monthly winner is eligible to select one or more gift certificates for a total value of $350 from selections including Kohler, Sundara Inn & Spa, Amazon, Kohl's, Lowes, Dunham's, Menards, iTunes, or Kwik Trip. Please note, prize availability is subject to change.
Congratulations to our final winners of the 2016 Simplicity of Choice Small Business Sales Contest:
- January: Jason Marty – Insurance & Investment Professionals
- February: Chris Lokken – Johnson Insurance
- March: Jon Krawczyk – Marsh & McLennan Agency
- April: Bill Brazzoni – Vizance
- May: Pam Utpadel – Universal Insurance Advisors
- June: Joe Bradley – Wisconsin Insurance Brokerage LLC
- July: Jackie Smith – Schwarz Insurance
- August: Bill Dee – La Crosse Insurance Agency
- September: Greg Lamprich – Brown & Brown
- October: Tonya Bahr – Hierl Insurance
- November: Jane Shevey – R & R Insurance
- December: Kate Suttner – Kate Suttner Insurance
Effective March 1, 2017, Delta Dental of Wisconsin will begin offering a posterior composite option for small business dental plans. White or tooth-colored filling material may be covered for back teeth at the plan’s basic restorative level (in place of amalgam or silver-colored filling material) when the option is elected.
Posterior composites are available for new business or at plan renewal for existing customers with 5-49 enrollees. The option is available for Delta Dental PPO plus PremierSM - Choice, UltraSavings, Passive, and Enhanced Plans.
Our small business product guide has been updated to reflect this addition and is viewable on the Broker Connection homepage.
For questions about adding posterior composites to new business or plan renewals, contact Jackie Bloomer (Milwaukee, Madison, or Fox Valley areas) at 715-343-7676 or Rick Zupan at 715-343-7677.
The Delta Dental mobile app is helping empower subscribers to find and book dental appointments with the tap of a finger. Beginning in spring, subscribers will have the option to view available appointment times with network dentists enrolled in Brighter Schedule™ and make an appointment right from the Delta Dental app.
Through the online appointment scheduler, subscribers are able to:
- View available times and dates and make appointments 24/7
- Receive confirmations and reminders via email and text messages
- Manage appointments online, anytime
Availability of appointments and scheduling options may vary by geographic area and individual dentist participation. Network dentists were invited to join Brighter Schedule™ and we are continually adding them to the platform.
Current members can access the app using the same username and password they use for our Member Connection. With secure access, members can access ID cards, view benefit information, check claims, and estimate dental costs. Plus, anyone can use the app to access our "Find a Dentist" and "Toothbrush Timer" tools located on the home screen.
Delta Dental’s mobile app is available for smartphones and tablets using iOS (Apple) or Android. To download and install the app on a device, visit the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android) and search for Delta Dental. You can also share this Delta Dental Mobile App flyer with customers.
Interested in receiving our monthly Agent Alert newsletter? Subscribe now!
- Resources: Updated Blog — Broker, Employer, Dentist, and Member Subscriptions Available for Oral Health and Dental Benefit Content
- Product: Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier PreventivePlus Plan Now Available
- Selling: 2016 Small Group Sales Contest
- Update: Delta Dental of Wisconsin and Milwaukee Bucks Team Up for the Starting Lineup